Monday, August 27, 2007

My First Day

I thought I will be late today...I'm out from my house at 7.45am..reached the open parking at 8.40am..it's so jam in OKR, gosh...I keep thinking back, last time I just can speed 120km/hour in Kesas..now...only using gear 1 and two...and I leave at 6.30pm and stranded in traffic again...took another 1 hour to reach home!!

My day start at 10am with some briefing and etc, I'm quite impressed that they're quite prepared with my incoming, then Jess brief me about the job and I was like oh man....this is really tough, you see all my previous jobs are related to FMCG, now I'm totally out from this line...and I have to know every single details of the thing..from raw to techincal term and etc...I almost wana pengsan...

Then they have a welcome lunch for me with others colleagues in PJ Hilton, oh man...the GM ordered so much foods dim sum, vege, cod fish porridge, steam fish, seafood noodles and etc..I feel like puke out halfway coz it's so full..then they keep on saying, you will put on weight like us... :( a women there increase 3kg in a yr!!

Back to office, my boss is there, he's not in action in morning coz he went for golf!! then he brief me everything about our department as I'm going to report to him...then he keep on saying u ok ar? U look so stress out, then I told him yeah, I am coz I'm trying to absord as much as I can before Jess leave and I'm having trouble to get familiarize with the company products!

The he told me not to worry and etc..saying it's only my first day..anything happend, he will be there...he keep on emphasizing to me that I shld be firm and never let other ple give in because every person want to jaga their own market...never let the Mktg/Production pple press on u! I think he's quite happy with Jess..so he's expecting I'm something like her...ini buat aku lagi stress..then he indirectly got say..I do hope you can catch up asap..coz we are really short of manpower coz 1 guy just left last week to join competitor.
He say I need to how to handle pple coz different pple different style....and this is important...coz the job is not though, but the pple is givign trouble!! Remember, I'm dealing mostly with production pple and mostly is man who like working there for 10-20yrs!

I'm not sure if I have the "pple skill" ? What do you gals/guys think? I think the problem with me is sometime I'm not firm enough..easy to give to other pple coz I don't like to offend pple...and I don't like to wait for pple to do things, so I rather do it, though it's not my territory....

What I kinda comfortable of this company is they care of their employee and have our own "employee right" this is really a true MNC company!!
There's nothing much I can do now as I have throughly wash my hair, all I can do is just put my mind and soul into it and give 150%...I don't want to dissapoint myself...and pple arnd me...as i think this company really develop a career plan for you.....

Wish me all the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow new job! Wheee!! Congrats!!! *thumbs up!*

Ganbate! You can do it!

babyfiona said...

Lots of lucks!!! :D

How things going lar? me busy like hell!