Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What more can I ask for?

I don't know what to blog...but tonite after I reach home after the RPM class....I feel so contented . Once I step into home, I quickly soak my smelly attire before I wash it....
Then I hurried to the kitchen see what food my mum cook today...coz I'm very hungry after the intense work out...

Well, today she cooked a very simple meal, baked beans with minced pork, fry chicken & fry kailan with salted fish...oh yeah not to forget her signature herbal soup too....I'm just so happy when I see all this! though it's not something grand...I quickly scope the rice, and heat the soup...then I have my dinner...as I was eating...I felt I'm the luckiest person alive...well my mum never failed to cook for us from Mon to Fri and she alwy say no vege never mind, but must have a good soup coz just eating rice alone is too dry and the soup alone is full with vitamin and nutritients....so we never goes without soup...and for your info my mum never have the habit of adding in the MSG for all her meals...

I felt so thankful to God who has provided 3 of us a wonderful mum, we don't have to worry what to eat for dinner after work knowing there will be meal ready on the table . My friends/colleagues really envy of me coz my mum cook everyday wherelse they have to eat out everyday or rush home to cook for family...some of their mum is a housewife, but they never cook...my mum is the kind of person who always cook extra, she always worry we want to eat more or there will be some guest..sometime when my friends drop by I ask them taken ur dinner? No? then come in ...have some simple home cook food though its cold, but the soup is the one which always kill them...they just love the soup my mum boil..coz it's 100% original...

Right after dinner, my mum told me..I make some dessert for you guys...the sago with gula melaka and santan go and get it in fridge, I quickly go to the fridge and get some after I finish reading The Star. Well, again I feel so contented...I can eat as much as I want, coz outside not many place sell this and if they do..it's expensive, little, santan & gula melaka very watery...
When I eat the first spoon, I feel so happy, it's been quite sometime mum make this for us...again I thank God for my mum, who's so skillful to cook from western, cantonese to hainanese meal and if the weather hot or anyone of us fall sick, she will boil a big pot of herbal tea for us...what more can I ask for !!though sometime she likes to grumble to us...and yeah..I admit we are wrong..sometime we have our meal outside and when we come back, we don't eat and she will grumble...wasted my effort to cook and u guys don't wana eat..pple outside wana eat home cook food also dont have...so I always make it a point to call or tell her if I'm not eating at home on that day....except my bro...never bother to tell!!....

3 of us always try to make it a habit or I say it's already a habit to bring her out to eat on weeekend unless she goes for her mahjong game...she's in home from Monday to Fri, taking care of dad and the 2 kids and brain storm what to cook for dinner..so I felt she deserve it! When she goes out eat with us and if we come across something which's tasty..she will try to cook it a home and I'm proud to say she always almost did it...I mean out of 100 I will give her 80!!

I have to admit I don't know how long my mum will be with us (well, Im not cursing her but we have to face the facts that our parents will leave us one day) but I appreciate every meal she cook and the things she does for us...I have to admit that I not even master half of her cooking skill and I dont; think any 3 of us will master all her skill.
But again..just thank God for giving me such a mum though there's sometime we are not happy with her, but whatever she say and do, I believe it's for our own good because we are her childrens...I guess I will never truly understnd how she feel till I become a mother one day (if I ever have a chance!) ....and when I ask my sis since she has a son, she say yes, when u have ur own children, u will understnd y mum say/do certain thing.......

P/S: Well, I shld blog my day 2 in Spore...but I think what I blog tonite is much more meaningful than anything as it's from bottom of my heart

4 comments:

babyfiona said...

SHIT! why u never invite me to your house for makan?? can i come everyday from monday to friday ;p

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww huggies!!! *Does that hugs qualify me to have ur nice dinner?*

Apam Balik said...

Invite u? u nak bayar toll berharga 4.40/way come to eat meh...
Monday to Friday? can but bayar sikit la..i'm not a farmer or fisher ok...and u also quie choozy on food worr..susah layan a bit...

babyfiona said...

i where got choosy!??? and if u really ajak i, i datang lah ;p


eh...still need to bayar ar -____-"